Front-End Engineer (React, TypeScript) – Job specification
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a Fintech Start-Up moving into Scale-Up phase.
- Revolutionary product serving the financial advisory services sector.
- Increasing pressure from regulation and good practice is speeding up adoption.
- Widening market opportunities beyond the core market segment.
- Dynamic proven management team with significant industry experience.
At i4C Technology we are looking for a knowledgeable and driven Front-End Engineer to join our fast-growing fintech start-up, based in Bath.
The main objective of the role is the development of new technologies to support and enhance cashflow modelling. You will be joining a fantastic team of other engineers working on the user facing side of our cashflow modelling application, combining your knowledge to ensure users have the best possible experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and enhance user facing software applications written in TypeScript using React.
- Produce and run unit tests for all code changes and actively participate in code reviews.
- Develop applications in accordance with approved project methodology. For example, Agile.
- Participate in the design of new software applications.
- Problem solve and debug complex software systems to allow defect analysis and fixing.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and team members to report and resolve issues as quickly as possible.
- Node & NPM
- Git Source Control
- Object Oriented Programming
- Test Driven Development (Unit testing and integration testing)
- English and Maths GCSEs (or equivalent standard) at a minimum of grade C.
- 1 years’ minimum commercial software development experience.
- Thorough experience of Object-oriented concepts within Software development.
- Experience writing unit tests and using unit testing frameworks.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Cashflow knowledge (Pensions, Investments etc.).
£30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience.